Skip to main content

About Us

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I apply for assistance?

A: Complete the application for the type of assistance needed on our website or call 701-252-2017 to request an application by mail. Instructions for submitting the application, with the proper attachments, are on the form.

Q: Who is eligible to apply for assistance?

A: Applicants must be actively engaged in farming or ranching; have a viable farming or ranching operation; and at least three years of experience operating their own farm.

Q: Who makes the final determination on which farmers or ranchers will receive assistance?

A: The Farm Rescue board of directors makes the final determination. All information from applicants is kept confidential and is used only to determine eligibility.

Q: Is there a limit to how often a farmer or rancher may receive assistance?

A: Assistance is limited to one planting, haying, harvesting, hay hauling or livestock feeding operation every three years per family farm.

Q: Does Farm Rescue give money to farmers or ranchers?

A: No. Farm Rescue does not give money to farmers or ranchers! The organization merely provides the labor (volunteers) and equipment to plant, hay, harvest, haul hay or assist in the feeding of livestock. Producers may be eligible for up to 1,000 acres of planting or harvesting assistance per farm family. Families are responsible for providing crop inputs (seed, fertilizer and fuel).

Q: Can Farm Rescue provide free planting or harvesting assistance when there has been a death in a family?

A: No. By law and according to the IRS guidelines of our nonprofit status, Farm Rescue cannot use donated funds to help someone who is no longer alive.

Q: Are donations to Farm Rescue tax deductible?

A: Yes. Farm Rescue is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt nonprofit organization. Donations are deductible to the maximum extent allowed by law.

Q: Can I get a refund of my tax-deductible donation?

A: Tax-deductible charitable contributions made to Farm Rescue are irrevocable. If there are any extenuating circumstances, please contact us at or call 701-252-2017 immediately. If contributed funds have already been disbursed, it is your responsibility to contact Farm Rescue to request a refund.

Q: Does Farm Rescue perform any custom work?

A: Yes. In some isolated instances, Farm Rescue provides custom planting, haying or harvest services. These services are offered at a competitive industry rate, with ALL proceeds benefitting future farm and ranch families in crisis. Custom fundraising applications are only accepted when timing does not interfere with our normal assistance operations to support families experiencing a major illness, injury or natural disaster.

Q: How do I become a Farm Rescue volunteer?

A: The first step in becoming a volunteer is to complete and return a volunteer form. Your contact information and skills are then inputted into Farm Rescue's volunteer database. Should your particular skill sets be needed in or out of the field, Farm Rescue will contact you. CLICK HERE to fill out our volunteer form.






Farm Rescue 2023 - Glen Ullin, ND